Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Blog Assignment #13

Top 10 Tips For Using Technology in the Classroom
1) Use Streaming Video
2) Use music more often
3) Use Teleconferencing Tools
4) Create your own Interactive Exercises
5) Use Interactive Whiteboard more Effectively
6) Create your own podcasts
7) Start your own blog or Wiki
8) Use social networks
9) Use internet tools
10) Make the most of pupils gadgets

Some of these tips make really good sense and could probably make it into schools without too much difficulty. I don't support using music more often, because in this area we would be listening to rap all the time, and I do not believe this would foster learning and i believe I would shoot myself if I had to listen rap very long. Creating lessons and using the Smartboard effectively is a excellent suggestion and could probably be done. Working on the second half of his list would require some intense planning and thinking. He did mention couple of games that could be played using Hot Potatoes and Animato. These games appeared alright and could probably be implemented without much trouble. I definitely agree with blogging because it can several different benefits. For me, the best about this exercise was discovering all the things available at the boxoftricks website. I found many things there that would I probably try to use in the classroom.

2 comments:

  1. Jeff,
    I also enjoyed this post and the great list that Mr. Picardo gave us. I was wary of using music as well, maybe not for the same reasons. For me personally it is a distraction. With a little research all of these tools are readily available. Even through his website, one can find helpful links and blog posts about everything in his video. As teachers, it is our job to do our best and give our students the best experience we can.
    Good Luck,
    Bobbi Jo Nelson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, maybe YOU could use music other than rap. Consider this comment I left for Elizabeth Brooks who wants to teach history in high school: As for music, link research with music. For example what was happening in the US/BG when the Beatles released this song (play) or a bit from Les Miserables or Don't Cry for Me Argentina or ....

    ReplyDelete